Saturday, February 16, 2008

So. Yeah, Buffalo



I am here in the Days Inn Buffalo across from the airport. I can now attest to another unique and character building experience in travel. Last night my flight was canceled (plane mechanical issues) but was guarenteed a flight to Chicago that night at 9:30pm to catch my flight to LAX in the morning. Well, nothing in life is a guarantee. My flight was canceled and the flight I was promised was given to other United passagers that had been waiting longer. It is hard to explain because it is was a complicated series of miscommunicated events. As an added element there was a group of gentlemen on their way to Chicago to coach/chaperone 8-yr olds in a hockey tournament. The coach was a loud and opinionated individual that would yell complaints at the agents helping us. The Police were called and they brought a dog to break up at possible riot. It was a bit stressful. Through it all, it was great to make it to the free hotel and have a bath, and book an appointment for morning at a spa. I fly tonight at 4:30pm to Atlanta and then on to LAX for 10:30pm. My luggage is (supposedly) already in Los angeles. Lets hope (i mean pray) I will find that tonight! The salon this morning was in this amazing 18th century home that was converted from farm house. It was a great experience and everyone loved my airport stories and funny quips about Canada. I feel a little exhaustion but, rejuvenated! Baths, salons and (oh, yeah) room service!




2 comments:

sarah said...

Ohh Amanda... well, this is quite reminiscent of our travel days in South America. It looks like you are making the best of it though!! See you tonight and with all your baggage... (positive thoughts right?) (:

Sean Wickett said...

are you in LA yet?

next time, ask to borrow the bigger suit case so you can get there faster.